Q: My pool water seems to be cloudy.
How do I fix that?
A: Cloudy water can either be the cause of many chemical imbalances or the result of equipment not operating at their optimal levels. When this occurs please call Superior Pool & Spa and we will do a FREE
at home water and equipment analysis to help diagnose the problem.
Q: The water level in my pool appears to be dropping.
Is there a leak in my liner?
A: Noticeable water loss over a 24 hour period can be due to a rip or tear in the vinyl liner as well as the possibility of plumbing and/or equipment issues. When unsure as to whether or not your pool is losing more water than typical evaporation would account for try performing the Bucket Test:
- Step one is to bring the pool water to its normal level.
- Step two is to fill the bucket with pool water to about one inch from the top.
- Steps three and four are to place the bucket in the pool; preferably on the first or second step of the pool and mark the water level on the inside of the bucket.
- Step five is to shut off the pump and mark the level of the pool water on the outside of the bucket.
- Step six is to resume normal pump operation.
- Step seven is to return to the pool 24 hours later and compare the two levels. If the pool water (outside line) goes down more than the inside water level, there is probably a leak. In case of rain repeat the test.
Test is not valid after 24 hours. If a leak is the case, please remember to Call Superior Pool & Spa promptly so we can help you get your pool back on track to an enjoyable swimming season!
Q: My water does not seem to be flowing from the “jets” as fast as it used to. Is something broken?
A: Slow water flow can be caused by several factors, most notably a dirty filter. One way to check this is to read the pressure gauge meter and see if it’s around ten pounds per square inch or higher than normal. Backwashing is recommended if this is the case. Running your pool above the desired operating limits may cause additional problems resulting in costly chemical purchases and/or repairs. Other steps may need to be performed in which case you should call Superior Pool & Spa so we can offer some assistance.